Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Learning Resolution:-)


My Learning Resolution



When I’m revising other’s paper, I wish I can make good comments and suggestions so that the writer can improve. To accomplish my goal, I have to read the handout from Ms.Johnson deeper. Maybe I can read some comments that different teachers wrote to me.
I also want to learn how to write papers for varieties of audiences. I usually write to the audience at my age so that they can feel sympathy while I read. I think reading books that has different audience will be a great way to help me in this way.
I can’t actually say that I am strong at transitional devices. I think I remember having an ok grade on my paper that requires many transitional devices. To adjust my grade and my knowledge, I think I should go over the notes and handouts again and try to write few sentence with transitional devices myself.
Those underline and quotation marks are just too hard for me to remember. I just can’t remember which one goes to which. It’s just too confusing! I always go like “Do I put underline or quotation around the title of a movie?” So at this point, I want to clearly know where to place them properly. I will go through a short novel, and try to put underline and quotation around them.
Combining all the information I found into a small portion of writing not only takes up much time, but it also takes up much of thinking. Taking notes as I read the information on the internet will help me to put them together well. If I just print them out, it will be harder to read.
Using different words lacks in my writing. More creative and variety of words will help me to write better papers. Memorizing more vocabularies and reading books can help me to achieve this goal.

No comments: